PHV in the Community
Pleasant Hill Village has been here your entire life. It’s been here your parents’ entire lives. It’s been here your grandparents’ entire lives.
In fact, Girard itself was only 50 years old when Pleasant Hill was founded in 1905.
Since its founding, when it was an orphanage as well as a home for senior citizens, Pleasant Hill has been helping its communities. And we intend to keep helping for decades longer.
Here are some of the ways we serve the community:
- Community events, such as our Easter Egg Hunt, our Summer Community Night and our Haunt the Hill event in October
- Meeting space for civic groups, free of charge. Contact Darrin Burnett at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about your meeting needs.
- Providing valuable volunteer experiences for our area high school and college students. For more information, contact Darrin Burnett.
- Hosting a Senior Health Fair every September
- Providing Charitable Care for residents who have problems making ends meet and forgiving the difference between our rates and Public Aid rates.
- Hosting the Macoupin County Transit Service, providing parking and office needs. This provides a valuable service for residents with transportation issues.
- Managing and overseeing the Girard Area Homes, a low-income housing complex.
- Volunteering for charitable events such as the Alzheimer’s Walk and the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Donating food from our Community Garden
- Opening our walking path to the community
PHV hosts many meetings in the area and we’d love to host yours. The Girard Chamber of Commerce and Girard Kiwanis Club are just a couple of the groups that join us monthly.
Call Darrin Burnett at 217-627-2181 to inquire about time and space!
Macoupin County Public Transportation
PHV allows the Macoupin County Public Transportation vehicles space in our parking lot and use of our phone and fax machines.
For more information about the MCPT, go to: Macoupin County Public Transportation